Post Response (Restricted)

Re: progressive aggression

Posted by:  Linda
Posted on:  May 16, 2001 at 07:04:43

In Reply to: progressive aggression
Posted by:  Ann Harcourt
Posted on:  May 07, 2001 at 13:37:33

Question:

: I own two half-sisters, both neutered. They are 6 and 4 years. The younger is the dominate dog. I am definately the alpha female; however, with increasing frequency they fight to blood being drawn. They spend the day in my very large yard and the evenings and weekends with me in and out of the house. We play a lot. There are also favorite outside toys they play with alone. I greet, feed and play with the dominate dog first. I scold (voice is usually enough) when behavior is unacceptable. I adore them both and cannot think of giving up either one. They both sleep with me at night and have never had a problem there. My concern is that Annie (the younger more agressive) is getting worse almost by the week. Chloe is submissive and never in my presence has challenged Annie. Annie seems to take it upon herself to reinforce the dominance without provocation that I can see. Help!

------------------ Response Area -------------------
There are many posts on the board about same sex aggression, I would suggest you use the search engine to find them. You may have to consider seperation of the two if it gets worse, this isn't something that we advise, keeping two of the same sex.
Regards
Linda

Additional Reading: Bad Dog Talk