Post Response (Restricted)

Re: Skin Allergy

Posted by:  Linda Cranford
Posted on:  November 26, 2001 at 15:02:45

In Reply to: Skin Allergy
Posted by:  Chris Baden
Posted on:  November 26, 2001 at 09:39:13

Question:

: Over a year ago we took full adoption of a wonderful rescued male. Over that time we have battled, with little to no success, a chronic itch problem on his peri-anal area (on the back, base of the tail). He chews it constantly and we are all but convinced he has some sort of allergy. We have switched his food to high quality lamb and rice, but like I said, with little to no success. We are ready to seek the help of a vet that we feel confident can diagnose allergies in JRs, and desperately hope someone can recommend one on the West coast of Florida. We live in the Sarasota/Bradenton area and would travel a ways for this help. Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

------------------ Response Area -------------------
Hi Chris,
Your best bet is have your Vet to recommend you to the nearest Vet school or a Dog dermatologist in your area. You even could look in the Yellow pages under Vets and see if there is one in a larger city near you. None of us are from that area and so therefore we don't know of Vets there.
Wish I could be of more help to you on this matter but like I said we just aren't in the area. Below is a link to the American Veterinary Medical Assoc. Hope this helps you some.

Regards
Linda

Additional Reading: AVMA