Re: temperatures outside

Posted by:  Sue Zeiher
Posted on:  November 05, 2002 at 06:39:27

In Reply to: temperatures outside
Category:   Other
Posted by:  Samantha Isbell
Posted on:  November 02, 2002 at 19:27:07

Question:

: I recently accquired a JRT from my neighbor, they abused her. She is a wonderful dog. She is living in my garage. I put a dog door in the garage door so she can go out when necessary. She lived outside under a porch for the two years before I got her. I have gotten her a dog bed on a landing in the garage. My garage is insulated. The only reason I do not have her inside is that I am allergic to her :( I love her very much. I have also purchased a microdisc to warm her bed on cold nights. I guess I am just worried that she will get cold. Like I said, I love her very much and I walk and play with her everyday. Am I being fair to her?

Response:

Hi Samantha,

Sounds like her life has been improved already. She is going to have an enclosed,insulated shelter and warmth when it gets cold. This has to be much,much better than living under a porch. Since you walk and play with her daily she is probably getting more actual attention than before. Maybe your allergist can help you become less sensitive to her so you can spend even more time with her.

Best,
Sue