• Home Page

Post Response
[Restricted]

Our First Jack

Posted by:  Samara Doucet
Category:   Other
Posted on:  November 06, 2002 at 15:51:00

Question:

We have our first JRT "Jersey", I did a lot of reseach before I I got her, and even took another JRT breeder with me to make sure I was getting what I wanted for our family. (she's 14 weeks now) She sits at the door if she needs to go, she has done that from the day she came home, and I haven't messed with a good thing. Not to say the few accidents she has had have been our own fault. But the create, I have done everything that is recommended, I'm home almost everyday, but I do have to leave for short periods of time once week (max 3hr) and I've been told she cries for the full 2 hours and soils in it. My husband and I put her in her create at dinner and all she does is cry and howl and soils in it. Been to the vet no med problem.
I have also tried putting her in a safe room (large bathroom, striped of everything she can get into or that will harm her, while I'm out. I leave with music on to keep her company food, water, lots of toys, and her create with an open door, I found she's a little calmer still cries but it's not constent, lol when I return there is dog food spread from one end to the other, and 2 out of 8 she has had an acciedent.
Can someone tell me if I'm doing something wrong why does she soil in her create and howl for so long?
What is recommended? I'm running out of options!