• Home Page

Post Response
[Restricted]

Breathing Problems?

Posted by:  Shannon Edmondson
Category:   Medical
Posted on:  November 08, 2002 at 21:48:15

Question:

I have two Jack Russells. My male is 1 1/2 years old and my female is 3 years old. Recently my male had a couple of episodes during the middle of the night where he would wake me up and would be gasping for air. At first I thought he was choking but he ran to the water bowl so I knew it wasn't that. Then I thought maybe he couldn't breathe? He ran around my room grabbing at clothes and trying to rip them apart. He was acting really strange and really scared. On one episode he grabbed my hair with his teethe. Totally uncharacteristic for him. Both times I finally let him outside where he ate grass as fast and furious as possible. He threw up once (nothing in it) and I gave him Benadryl which calmed him down. He hasn't had any more episodes like this. I took him to the vet where his blood tests came out fine. Could this be a neuroligical problem? Some type of posioning? We found Posion Ivy in the backyard.... One time as a puppy, he had some type of siezure. I am really scared this is something serious and the vet isn't catching it. I would appreciate any insight on this ! Thanks!