• Home Page

Post Response
[Restricted]

Age to let puppy go

Posted by:  Kelley
Category:   Other
Posted on:  November 09, 2002 at 22:07:50

Question:

I have a new litter of JRT puppies. Our female was bred with a male from the breeder I obtained our female from. I am very impressed with the breeder's facility. She has beautiful dogs who always seem to be happy. I have been there several times and have always thought it is clean and neat. Her stud fee is pick of the litter. She wants to take the puppy at 6 weeks but I am concerned it may be a bit too early. I think she will be sending the puppy to a new home shortly after getting her. Also, she is completely and indoor puppy now and will be until she leaves. She won't be six weeks old until Nov. 27th. Since the breeder is so experienced and has other dogs, would this be ok or should I wait until the puppy is older?
She won't even be getting solid foods until she is four weeks old. I am worried she will still need her mom at 6 weeks. I have read through the old posts that say a puppy should stay with her litter until 8 - 12 weeks. Please help! I want our little girl to be ok when she leaves us. I really like this breeder, but don't want to send the puppy that early.