Re: strong urine

Posted by:  Leslie Hemsing
Posted on:  November 10, 2002 at 23:19:13

In Reply to: strong urine
Category:   Medical
Posted by:  Pat Oelslager
Posted on:  November 10, 2002 at 17:44:06

Question:

: My little Dixie JRT, is 2 years old,has been spayed, weighs 20 lbs. I guess you may call this incontinence, some time when she is asleep and at other times when she is awake and just laying or sitting around, she dribbles urine, maybe two or three drops, the smell is so strong, smells like a tomcat that is spraying. Our vet has checked her urine twice, did a sonagram, says the only thing that he can see is the hair grows inside he vagina and some time get pulled back inside and get irrated, and another time, he say she has fat folds in her vagina and that traps the urine and it becomes stale. The smell is REALLY bad, is there anyone out there that has a similiar problem. Would appreciate hearing from you. Thanks Pat

Response:

Dear Pat,

I highly recommend that you have your terrier examined by another vet...preferably one who specializes in internal medicine. It is possible that her "discharge" may not be related to her urinary tract; a vaginal infection or anal gland infection could also cause the symptoms you describe.

Good luck; let us know what you find out. :-)

Leslie