• Home Page

Post Response
[Restricted]

Aggressive Behaviour Towards my Husband

Posted by:  Jo-Anne
Category:   Aggression
Posted on:  November 12, 2002 at 13:02:45

Question:

Hi, we have a four year old JRT who has some aggession issues that we are working on.

However, one of the hardest issues to deal with is his aggression towards my husband. Our Jack Russell is constantly challenging my husband and he has actually bitten him on more then one occassion. My husband could just be sitting there and all of a sudden our Jack becomes aggessive with him. (It is like he is constantly watching him and waiting for a reason to pounce).

When my husband comes home he won't come out from underneath the bed for him, but when I come home he always comes out.

My husband loves our dog very much and he has never done anything to cause our dog to act this way towards him. The weird thing is that our dog only does this with my husband. I can pick our dog up, he listens to my commands faster and when I come home he rolls over on his back for me to pet him.

The last few times that he has become aggressive towards my husband, we have muzzled him but we aren't sure if we should do this or not?

Do you have any suggestions or advice on why this is happening and on what we can do about it?

Thank you,
Jo-Anne