• Home Page

Post Response
[Restricted]

Barking is out of control

Posted by:  Jonna
Category:   Barking
Posted on:  November 15, 2002 at 17:54:27

Question:

I have ready many posts on this subject so it's nice to know I'm not alone. I truly appreciate the hunting nature of my pup and don't mind that he barks to alert me to things. But when I say Quiet, it should mean Quiet. My neighbors have been very tolerant so far but it won't last forever. (I live in a condo). He barks at EVERYTHING!!! I will be calling on his original trainer for some new excersizes, since what I've been doing hasn't worked. (rewarding for quiet, teaching to bark, the whole shibang).
I was curious how you all felt about the anti-barking collars. Not the zappy ones. They scare me. If I wouldn't wear one I can't expect my dog to. But I have seen ones that make a loud noice or have a bad smell. I wanted something that will help in the training of the Quiet command and some have a remote so I control when they work. I DON'T want to stop his barking all together. He needs to be a jack ... he just needs to learn to be a quiet jack when mommy says so.
I am very leary about these items. I want to do what is best for my dog. Any words of wisdom?