Re: WORRIED!!!Puppy isn't growing and won't try stairs

Posted by:  Marie Evans
Posted on:  November 16, 2002 at 12:33:19

In Reply to: WORRIED!!!Puppy isn't growing and won't try stairs
Category:   Other
Posted by:  Terry
Posted on:  November 15, 2002 at 23:06:54

Question:

: I have an 11 month old JRT that has short legs. She can now jump onto the couch, but she isn't really growing that much. She won't even attempt to climb the stairs or jump onto the bed. We've been working with her on jumping with her toys, but that's all she'll do. I understand that JRT's are supposed to be able to jump really high and this worries me. My wife is scared that something may be wrong with her and frankly, I'm starting to worry myself. Please provide help!!!

Response:

Hi Terry,

I wouldn't worry too much. While some jacks are real jumpers, some aren't. I have two shorties. One is a jumper and the other sometimes can barely make the couch (lol)!

Count your blessings that she doesn't. This means you can actually keep things on your table and kitchen counters. My jumper took a vertical 5 foot leap to the top of a set of shelves in my office and pulled down a plush monkey toy, so he could "love on it" the other day. :)

If you are really concerned about her growth or lack of it please consult your vet, but my guess is you don't own a jumper.

Regards,
Marie