Re: Occassional Limping

Posted by:  Leslie Hemsing
Posted on:  November 18, 2002 at 21:44:30

In Reply to: Occassional Limping
Category:   
Posted by:  Linda Verona
Posted on:  November 17, 2002 at 09:17:29

Question:

: My Zora is 6 months old and 5 weeks ago we thought her limp was from our friend stepping on her but she's been xrayed, no lymes but still she may limp -- you'd never know she has a problem with all the jumping she does and play she has but it's still there.

: I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this with their Jack -- we ran into someone in New York City on the street who said their Jack does the same thing and it's just what they do, is it true? or do I need to pursue further?

: Thanks

: Linda & Zora

Response:

Dear Linda and Zora,

There have been many questions about the so-called "JRT limp" posted to this Forum; please use our search engine to read more. You'll find that the answers vary as to whether this occassional limp (or holding up of the rear leg) is a breed quirk, an inherited/congenital problem with the knee or hip joint or the result of an injury. Of course, I'm assuming that Zora is limping on one of her back legs... :-)

In my opinion, I suggest you pursue this further; not only because she's suffered an injury but also because of her age. If she does have a problem with her knee/hip, it's best you treat it early.

Best of luck,
Leslie