Re: BROKEN COAT??

Posted by:  Marie Evans
Posted on:  November 19, 2002 at 16:25:24

In Reply to: BROKEN COAT??
Category:   Breed Standard
Posted by:  Kelly Roe
Posted on:  November 19, 2002 at 13:42:50

Question:

: My "Harley" is now 9 months old and a pure JOY! ;-) My question (I'm having trouble finding an answer in your GTG search) is his coat. I think he will come in as a true Broken coat, but his coat down his back has become VERY wavy. Your site says that the broken/rough coat should be full, but not wooly.

: When I say it's wavy, it is almost (if it was longer) curly. I can't seem to find a picture of a coat this thick and wavy and it's only down his back that it is like this. Of course I don't care what he turns out like, I'm just curious if this is a fault so I can pass it along to his breeder. He already has one Prick Ear which I think adds to his personality with one button ear and one prick ear and of course everyone loves to run their fingers through his coat.

: Thanks again for a great forum you don't know how much this web page has helped me learn and grow with our new guy. THANKS!

Response:

Hi Kelly,

It sounds like Harley is a broken coat. Are his sides more on the smooth side?

You probably should let your breeder know he has a prick ear which would be something a concerned breeder would want to know so they can study the lines they are using better.

Of course the most important thing is that you love Harley just the way he is, because he will love you just the way you are ;)

Glad the forum is helping you and Harley! Hugs to him!

Regards,
Marie