• Forum Menu
• Daily Digest
• Home Page

Post Response
[Restricted]

Re: I Think We Got a Mixed Breed--But Paid Top Dollar!

Posted by:  Leslie Hemsing
Posted on:  November 19, 2002 at 22:18:08

In Reply to: I Think We Got a Mixed Breed--But Paid Top Dollar!
Category:   Breeding
Posted by:  Sarah Lemire
Posted on:  November 19, 2002 at 12:21:50

Question:

: Help! We very, very foolishly bought a JR puppy at a pet shop (I know, I know--but my kids fell in love) and I think they charged us an arm and a leg for a dog that's not a pure breed. Our pup is supposedly 3 months old, she shakes constantly, and her ears flop to the side instead of being the "flipped over" triangular look. How do I know if she's truly a JR?

Response:

Dear Sarah,

Jack Russell Terriers come in all shapes and sizes and "weird" ears do not necessarily mean that your little one is not truly a JRT. Since your kids fell in love with her (and I'm sure you have too!) I suggest that you focus on her constant shaking rather then what she looks like.

Please take your pup to the vet as soon as possible to rule out any medical causes for her shaking/trembling. I suggest you provide both stool and urine samples in addition to having her fully examined.

I am providing you with links to some FAQs I think you'll find useful for raising your little one. I hope you'll read through the other FAQS and take advantage of this Forum's search engine as well as the other pages this website has to offer.

Good luck,
Leslie

Housebreaking FAQ, Crate Training FAQ, Is Crating Cruel? FAQ