• Home Page

Post Response
[Restricted]

severe shaking

Posted by:  LuAnn Corbin
Category:   Medical
Posted on:  November 21, 2002 at 12:13:12

Question:

I have read all your posts on nervousness. It can be caused by a number of situations. I have most of the situations listed. I have 4 Terriers, 3 of which are Jacks. 2 are male which we purchased within 2 weeks of each other. They are from different litters. Reese is 20 months old, he is the severely nervous dog. He is great otherwise. We love him dearly. Sam is 19 months and the dominate male. Lily is my pup, she is six months. I know all the rules about same sex Jakes, more than 2, and so on. We love these dogs dearly, they are a part of this family. So giving one up is not an option. What i need to know is if there is anything I can do for Reese. I had read about Kava Kava being a natural calmer. It can be given on chew bones for example. I saw it in pill form at the store. I want to help Reese be a happy and healtly dog. He only started this about a month or so ago. I blame alot of it on Sam. He knocks him around alot. But Reese stays under the couch in hiding most of the time. I also feel seperation anxiety is a factor. I work 3 days a week part time, and the kids are in school. We leave them rarely. When we do, Sam and Lily go into their crates, and Reese has run of the house. If you have any other suggestions please let me know. Thank you.