• Forum Menu
• Daily Digest
• Home Page

Post Response

Re: Collar/Lead

Posted by:  Leslie Hemsing
Posted on:  November 24, 2002 at 19:09:19

In Reply to: Collar/Lead
Category:   Other
Posted by:  Jonna
Posted on:  November 24, 2002 at 14:17:47


: I am trying to find the wide collar with lead that I've seen at so many of the trials. I am not sure what they are called though. They seem to be a very wide fabric that slips over the dogs head and has an attached lead. It almost looks like a martingale style but the collar part is extra wide. Any idea where I can get one of these ... or what they are called? Thanks!!


Hi Jonna,

I must have seen at least 4 vendors at the National Trial last month who sold this type of collar/lead combination but I'm sorry, I can't recall any of their names. :-( You can find links to on-line sites that sell JRT products via the Fun Menu; link below. If these folks don't carry the product, they may be able to send you to someone who does.

I don't know if this type of collar/lead has a specific name outside of terrier trials. Personally, I call it a "racing lead" because it's wide collar and easy on/off style make it ideal for terrier and owner at the race track. I imagine anyone who one who sells JRT products will understand what you're looking for if you mention the term "racing lead."

Good luck,

Additional Reading: Fun Menu