Jack Russell Story
Courtesy of email@example.com
Story Name: 10 Commandments of JRT Ownership
From: Lynda Prime
My Jack Russell Story:
- Before you buy me, remember my life is likely to last 15 years or longer, any separation from you will be painful for me.
- Give me time to understand what you want of me.
- Place your trust in me - it's crucial for my well-being.
- Don't be angry at me for long and don't lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your entertainment and your friends. I have only you.
- Talk to me. Even if I don't understand all your words, I enjoy listening to your voice when you're speaking to me.
- Be aware that however you treat me, I'll never forget.
- Don't hit me. I have teeth that could easily crush the bones of your hand but I choose not to bite you.
- Before you scold me for being "unco-operative" or "obsinate" ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I'm not feeling well, getting the right food or have been out in the sun too long, or my heart is getting old and weak.
- Take care of me when I get old; you too will grow old.
- Go with me on difficult journeys. Never say "I can't bear to watch it" or "let it happen in my absence". Everything is easier for me if you are there. Remember the unconditional love I have offered you since our alliance.
Owning a JRT is a Lifetime Commitment!!
Return to List of Jack Russell Stories