Q&A Forum

Forum Main Menu

Post Response (Restricted)

dog biting

Posted by:  Angie DiRuscio
Category:   Aggression
Posted on:  April 09, 2001 at 21:26:04

Question:

My Jack is 5 1/2 months old. He has started to bite me. It doesn't make any sense to me or my husband. I am the one who walks, plays, feeds, lets just say I give him the most attention. I will be playing with him a game of ball, and all of a sudden he will jump up at my trying to bite me....this is something that has started about a week ago. I am also the one who takes him to his training classes. I love our little Jack, but I am afraid that this behaivour will become worse when we have a baby one day. When he does bite what I will do is pat him under his lower jaw, and then give him a time out. After 10 minutes I will get him. He is also not understanding the concept of going outside when he has to potty, he does it all over the house. I have talked to my vet, trainer and I feel like I am not getting good advise. They tell me its ok to keep him in a cage for 8 hrs a day without a break. Next monday I am starting a new job and he will be alone for the entire day what can we do. Please help us!! We just need some good advise.
Please!!