The Official Site - Q&A Forum Jack Russell Terrier Club of America  
Q&A Forum

Forum Main Menu

Post Response (Restricted)

Re: bee stings

Posted by:  Claudia A. Costa
Posted on:  June 20, 2001 at 16:51:21

In Reply to: bee stings
Posted by:  tony
Posted on:  June 20, 2001 at 16:25:12

Question:

: we have alot of bee,s in the backyard this year.'buddy' hasn,t been stung yet but he had a dead one in his mouth the other day. any advice on how to trat bee sting,s and sting,s inside the mouth. thank you so much.

------------------ Response Area -------------------

Hi Tony.

Please try calling a professional to get the bees out of the yard to the extent possible. Bee stings can be very painful to the dog and can result in an allergic reaction.

I would speak top your vet about medications and how to handle bee stings. The dogs I have known that were stung were given medications to stop the allergic reaction. But, you need to see a vet about those.

Here is a web site on bee stings and dogs: http://65.66.67.201/canine/bee.html

But, PLEASE, like humans a bee sting can cause an allergic reaction in your dog. So if you see swelling get to a vet ASAP. This is why I suggest you contact your vet and get a plan of attack ready should the event occur.

Good luck,

Claudia A. Costa
ccosta@stryker.com