Post Response (Restricted)

Re: chewing my underwear

Posted by:  Leslie Hemsing
Posted on:  August 05, 2001 at 13:14:24

In Reply to: Re: chewing my underwear
Posted by:  Marie Evans
Posted on:  August 05, 2001 at 12:37:00

Question:

: : My question is my 4 mo old jack Ernie recently started chewing on my underwear. I have never noticed this before until the other night when he opened the bathroom door while I was in the shower. When I got out I noticed that he chewed a big whole in my underwear. I put all my clothes in the happer and he knocks it over and gets stuff out. I have tried everything to stop this he has already destroyed one pair. I need to know what would be good to stop him from doing this again. Thanks again.

: ------------------ Response Area -------------------
: Hi Jennifer,

: I had to smile when I read this one! I don't know of a dog that doesn't like a nice pair of used underwear to call their own lol!!

: Best thing to do and the quickest fix, is to make sure he can't get into the bathroom while you are showering, or at the very least keep your underwear away from where he can get it.

: This is what I do with my terriers...it has worked for years!

: Happy Showering!

: Marie

------------------ Response Area -------------------

Our first terrier "enjoyed" my husband's socks so we turned it into a game -- she learned to take his socks off his feet and put them into the laundry basket!

At this time in your pups life, you need to be very careful about leaving him unattended, even for a quick shower. He's teething so everything looks like a chew toy and besides destroying your stuff, he can ingest something that won't "pass."

Regards,
Leslie