Post Response (Restricted)

Re: 2 JRTs

Posted by:  Marie Evans
Posted on:  August 06, 2001 at 21:49:46

In Reply to: 2 JRTs
Posted by:  Walt Howerton Jr.
Posted on:  August 06, 2001 at 11:56:09

Question:

: I have just acquired my second JRT. I have recued them both, the first from the pound, the second from an owner who just was not cut out to be a terrier owner. The first (Ace the Wonder Dog) is a classic JRT. The second (just plain Fred) is taller, thinner and has a much smaller head. His papers identify him as an American Jack Russell. Are their differences between and American JRT and the classic sort of JRT? Or are these simply variations within the breed?

------------------ Response Area -------------------
Hi Walt,

Congrats on adopting some of our neediest terriers. There is something so satisfying in taking in one of these guys!

As far as your question about Fred, I have never heard of an American Jack Russell. There are plenty of dubious registries out there and I couldn't tell you much more as you haven't mentioned what registery the papers came from. And not being able to see Fred I can't help you out much there.

I am betting though Fred doesn't care much what his papers state. I think he is probably just thrilled to be in a home where someone understands him...finally!

Best to you, Ace & Fred,
Marie