Post Response (Restricted)

Re: stomach noise and not eating

Posted by:  Leslie Hemsing
Posted on:  October 09, 2001 at 22:33:56

In Reply to: stomach noise and not eating
Posted by:  Joanne
Posted on:  October 09, 2001 at 12:31:27

Question:

: Holly, Holly, Holly... Took her to the Vet to get checked. They thought she may have had a blockage, because of all the noise, lack of eating, and her age 3.5 months. Turns out she was fine, just an upset tummy for what reason I am still unsure. She was vomitting most of yesterday, and is on a special canned food from the Vet, till she feels better. I was wondering what is a Bland Diet, and can I give it to Holly when she seems a bit tummy sick? It cost 158.00 for the vet to tell me she has gas.

------------------ Response Area -------------------
Dear Joanne,

Please do not attempt to treat Holly on your own should she become ill again. Not eating and vomitting is very serious for a young pup; they need food to grow and thrive and can become dehydrated very quickly from vomitting.

You should be feeding Holly a high quality puppy food divided into at least two meals a day, limit treats to training activities and she should have no table scraps at this time in her life. You also need to pay close attention to what she is chewing on to make sure she is not injesting bits of toys...or anything else.

Good luck,
Leslie