The Official Site - Q&A Forum Jack Russell Terrier Club of America  
Q&A Forum

Forum Main Menu

Post Response (Restricted)

Behavior regression -urinating/defecating/snapping

Posted by:  Tammy
Category:   Behavior Problems
Posted on:  December 18, 2001 at 18:32:47

Question:

About 2 months ago my 5.5 year old jrt Hannah began exhibiting signs of increasing possessiveness and jealousy towards anyone who got near me (snapping, growling,. I checked here, read some tips and am trying to handle it. About two weeks ago, Hannah began using the various beds in the house as her bathroom - the guest room, both twin beds in my stepsons' room, and today our bed. The only thing that has changed in her life is that about 2 months ago I began transitioning her from our bed to her own bed in our room. Everything else is still the same -walks, exercise, my schedule, etc. Some nights are better than others, but when she tries to get into our bed I tell her to go to her bed. About 90% of the time she does - the other 10% she either whines for several more minutes or leaves the room.

Help! I don't know what to do. I'm worried that I'm doing something wrong or not understanding what's wrong with her. I've read the posts on bed wetting and didn't seem to find one that addressed this. Any help you can provide is very much appreciated. Thanks.

Tammy