Re: Vomiting

Posted by:  Leslie Hemsing
Posted on:  March 01, 2002 at 22:57:01

In Reply to: Vomiting
Category:   Medical
Posted by:  Susan
Posted on:  February 28, 2002 at 10:37:53

Question:

: Mattie is almost 4 (I can't believe it) and has had a bit of a weight problem since we moved to New England-not enough parks or warm weather!
: Anyway, I've put her on a diet and she's lost about 2.5 lbs. and we're trying to maintain. Question is that once I cut back on food/treats, her stomach seems sensitive. If she's not fed at almost exactly the same times each day, she vomits. If I sleep in on Saturdays (just an hour or two later than work days) she gets sick. Once she eats, she's off and running again. Does this make sense to you? Could it just be her adjusting to a less full belly?
: Thanks!

Response:

Hi Susan,

It's possible that Mattie is just adjusting to her new diet and that her less-then-full belly is causing the vomitting. However, since she is almost 4 years old, I suggest you take her to the vet and have a full blood work up done on her.

If her digestive organs are functioning as they should, you may want to consider giving her a mid-afternoon/mid-night treat (a cookie or several kibbles) to ease her tummy. The "extras" are part of her diet plan and you can adjust her meals accordingly.

Leslie