Re: biting

Posted by:  Jane Colvin
Posted on:  April 04, 2002 at 15:41:39

In Reply to: biting
Category:   Behavior Problems
Posted by:  joanne
Posted on:  April 04, 2002 at 07:48:11

Question:

: i have a 7 month old jr and he has a big problem with wheels. if ever he sees wheels he has to go and attack them no matter what. trouble is i have 2 children who like to play on bikes etc... and the dog just goes wild. although ive tried to keep the dog away while kids are playing, he managed to get to them today, and he was showing lots of aggression i tried to pull dog away by his collor and he attacked me, growling, biting and snarling. he has not been neutered we have said we will take him. im very concerened about him if not for my sake for the kids sake. he has always been very good with the children. but he shows aggression to other dogs too. any advice u can give will be very appretiated. thank you.

Response:

Hi Joanne,

Please read the FAQ's on aggression. Also, I'd suggest finding a trainer and getting the books that are mentioned in the FAQ's about dog behavior.

Biting should never be tolerated, neither should growling. Please find a trainer that can evaluate the situation and show you how to correct him properly.

Good luck,

Jane Colvin Nipping FAQ, Dealing w/ Aggression FAQ, Aggression FAQ