Posted by:  Leslie Hemsing
Posted on:  September 04, 2002 at 20:39:24

In Reply to: Play Time!!!
Category:   Other
Posted by:  Lisa
Posted on:  September 03, 2002 at 21:57:13

Question:

: Hi,

: I know this is a question and answer forum, but I just want to add this happy little story about a game I play with my 8 month old JRT. We love this game and I think it has helped bond us together for life. We will continue to play this game for the rest of her happy life.

: She is crated for about 6 hours a day...while I am at work (which I hate) but one has to do what they have to do to protect their house and their loving friend while not supervised.

: The game is this: as soon as I come home, I change my clothes (with her watching every move I make), then I yell in a loving voice, "LAST ONE IN IS A ROTTEN DOG"...and I run and jump on the bed. She is never the last one in....so, I guesss that makes me the rotten dog...LOL

: We roll around and play for about and hour and she thinks this is the greatest thing since basted dog treats! She looks forward to our game daily, and so do i for that matter....it starts the evening off right for playing and interacting with the family. I have found that she and I have become closer then ever because of this game....it's fun and we both look forward to it very much!

: I think everyone that crates their dog/puppy during the day while at work should find a special time to bond...it works wonders for everyone involved!! :)

: Lisa

Response:

Dear Lisa,

Thank you for sharing a wonderful idea. How true that the special things we do for our pets are equally special for us humans; what a great way to blow off steam after a hard's day work! :-)

Leslie

**I'll add a word of caution for the Forum readers: If your terrier sleeps in bed with you, please make sure that like Lisa's "Last One In The Bed..." game, there is a definite beginning and end to the game. You may run into trouble if your terrier misunderstands and thinks he/she can ALWAYS attack the pillows, play hide-n-seek under the blankets, etc.**