• Forum Menu
• Daily Digest
• Home Page

Post Response
[Restricted]

Re: Companionship..how much is too much?

Posted by:  Judy Churchfield
Posted on:  November 17, 2002 at 09:26:53

In Reply to: Companionship..how much is too much?
Category:   
Posted by:  Lisa
Posted on:  November 15, 2002 at 22:46:40

Question:

: Hello,

: I have posted many times to this forum, read it daily and LOVE the content! Wonderful job!! :)

: I have the pleasure of having 2 jrt's in my family.....Jake 8 year old male (perfect angel...lol) and Katie (9 month old female...still learning the angel thing).

: My question is...how much is too much without spoiling them rotten? They both listen when told to stay(except Katie...the only command she slacks in), down, sit, leave it, etc.....they are well behaved and they are a great additional to our family.... I have been the primary caretaker of Katie since she was 7 weeks old. Now, I can not even go to the bathroom....put my shoes on....make coffee...or even blow my nose without her wanting to know my every move.

: I love to her peices and she loves me too....obviously...LOL

: But, sometimes I think she is too dependant on me. The others in the family do feed her, and play with her constantly, but, I can never seem to escape her for anything!!!!

: I sometimes wonder if she is too attached and dependent....I know it's a small thing to worry about....YOUR DOG LOVES YOU....but, it is something I think about....I wish she would feel the same about the others in the family. She loves them and they love her...but she doesn't watch their every move, like she does mine!!!!! Any ideas on how I can help her know that the whole family is hers?

Response:

Hi Lisa,

Dogs are like people, they like certain people better than others. Not a good thing, not a bad thing - it just is. I have several terriers who stick to me like glue, while several others prefer the company of my husband. Not to worry, it sounds like Katie is a normal dog...whatever that is in the Whacky World of Jack Russell Terriers!

Best,
Judy