Re: Flu?

Posted by:  Marie Evans
Posted on:  November 19, 2002 at 16:20:36

In Reply to: Flu?
Category:   
Posted by:  Shannon
Posted on:  November 19, 2002 at 14:34:17

Question:

: I am terribly concerned for my 1 1/2 year old female JRT. Since Sunday (it is now Tuesday afternoon) she has been vomitting, diahrrea, no appetite, and only olicking ice cubes. We took her to the vet yesterday and she had a 103 fever. Whenever we even try to giver her her meds she throws them right up. We wakw up in the morning to vomit all over the house. Today she does seem a bit spunkier but she still will not eat her prescription food nor drink any water. The sounds like the typical flu. I know that dogs cannot get human diseases so is there such a thing as a "doggie flu"? If so, how long would this last? The vet stated that since they do not know what is wrong with her they can only treat the symptoms. Now I am beginning to worry about dehydration. Hep!
: Thank You,
: Shannon

Response:

Hi Shannon,

Get this dog back to a vet ASAP! If you aren't getting satisfaction with the vet you are using go to a different one.

If you have a emergency vet service near you go there but get this dog back in to see someone.

This is a dangerous situation because she is going to be dehydrated and the longer she goes without proper meds and fluids you are putting her at risk.

Regards,
Marie