Posted by:  Shannon Osby
Posted on:  December 04, 2002 at 17:27:12

In Reply to: Registering
Category:   Registration
Posted by:  Nina
Posted on:  December 04, 2002 at 01:03:27

Question:

: Hello,

: I have utilized your site numerous times, and have sent in a couple of questions, and received great answers. Well, I hope you can help me again. I purchased my puppy in August of this year. He is now 5 months. I signed a contract with the breeder that I would only register my puppy with the JRTCA and that I would use her kennel name as the Prefix in his registered name. Well, a friend of mine went to contact her about purchasing a puppy and learned that she is downsizing her kennel and in essence, going out of business. I emailed her to inquire if I should still use her kennel name when I register him, and she has not replied to my email. I have a ways to go before he is registered, but I would like to know the proper thing to do. I will honor the contract I signed, I have no problem with that, but I do not know if the contract request is valid now that she is out of business. Thanks for taking the time to read this and for all of the great answers you provide. You have an excellent website! And, I ADORE my JRT, wouldn't trade him for the world!!!:o)

: Nina:o)

Response:

Nina contracts should be valid for the life of the terrier not just the amount of time someone is in "business". If they are a registered kennel then dogs will carry their kennel prefix when registered. If you have any further questions regarding registering I suggest you contact the club office.
Shannon

JRTCA Registration, Contact the JRTCA