• Forum Menu
• Daily Digest
• Home Page

Post Response
[Restricted]

Re: Leaving my JRT pup with previous owner and mom...

Posted by:  Shannon
Posted on:  February 04, 2003 at 10:51:11

In Reply to: Leaving my JRT pup with previous owner and mom...
Category:   Other
Posted by:  Ariel Padilla
Posted on:  February 04, 2003 at 10:35:32

Question:

: The woman from whom I bought my male JRT, the owner of my JRT's mother, loves her dogs so much that she has offered me to take care of my dog whenever I have to leave town with my family and can't take him with me. I acquired "Jack" back when he was 11 weeks old. 4 weeks have gone by, so he's, currently, 15 weeks old. He seems to have adapted super fast and well to my family and home. Ok, I'm planning on taking my family on a short overnight trip and I can't go with our puppy to the hotel where we'll be staying. My question is: would it be a bad idea to leave "Jack" with his previous owner (and with his mom!), since he has only been such a short time with us? If so, would it be ok to do so sometime in the future, when he's older? Thanks in advance.

Response:

I dont see any problems with this and its actually good socialization for your pup as well. Just make sure that you give her the information for your puppies routine etc so that he can continue with his housebreaking and crate training skills. Take his crate with him, food and some of his own blankets and toys as well.
Shannon