2013 JRTCA National Trial
The next JRTCA National Trial starts in 216 days (Oct 10, 2014).
Would you like to compete in the National Trial? If so, apply for JRTCA membership.
October 11, 12 and 13, 2013
Washington County Agricultural Center
Boonsboro, Maryland (near Hagerstown)
Washington County Agricultural Center
The 2013 National Trial was held October 11-13th at the Washington County Agricultural Center near Hagerstown, Maryland. It is a very nice facility with several buildings and pavilions. The location is just seven miles off I-70 – it is near the intersection of I-70 and I-81, offering easy access from all directions.
- National Trial Celebration & Costume Party, Friday Night
- The 2013 National Trial Flyer is now available.
- Please review the National Trial page on the JRTCA Members Only site.
- The 2013 National Trial marks the 31th year of Nationals Trials.
- NO POST ENTRIES. Entries MUST be postmarked by 9/13/2013. Please carefully review entry form before mailing, and confirmation when received. There will be NO changes, additions, or substitutions allowed after the deadline. The only exceptions will be if a terrier has been entered under the wrong coat or height division, or for the working classes as noted below.
- TERRIERS MAY NOT ENTER BOTH THE OPEN & WORKING SECTIONS OR cross-enter WITHIN THE OPEN SECTION of the conformation division.
- All National Trial exhibitors and owners MUST be current members of the JRTCA.
- Note: Agility judge will give briefing and walk-through to OWNERS ONLY prior to each class. There will be NO practice runs.
- Puppies are eligible to compete only if they have reached their four-month birthday; i.e., four months to the date of their birth, NOT 16 weeks.
- Refunds for classes will be given only in cases of accident or illness to a terrier or owner, or for bitches in heat; situations must be documented in writing. Refunds provided by mail within 30 days
following the trial.
- No dogs other than Jack Russell Terriers will be permitted on the trial grounds for any reason.
- Pups under the age of four months, and bitches in season, are not permitted on the trial grounds. Anyone violating trial rules will be excused from all classes and asked to leave the trial site;
no refunds will be given. In addition, violations will be documented, and violators may be subject to additional penalties.
- Anyone wishing to sell items at the National Trial must register as a vendor; contact the club office at 410-561-3655 for a vendor application or further information. Absolutely no merchandise of any type may
be sold at the trial, either from the vendor area or exhibitor area, unless registered as a vendor.
- Breakfast, lunch, and refreshments will be available throughout the trial.
- No displaying of puppies for sale on site, including advertising signage of puppies for sale.
2013 National Trial Judges
- Barrie Wade, GB - Ring 1
- Lisa Drinkwater, VA - Ring 2
- Mike Bilbo, CO
- Bonita Knickmeyer, MO
- Michelle Davies, OR
- David Day, TX (Super Earth)
Judges for Other Divisions
- Tabby Shury - Racing
- Annette Murphy Wales - Obedience
- Traci Isabella - Rally-O
- Mary Windolf - Agility
- Eric Bartlett - Trailing and Locating
National Trial Schedule
Map/Directions to the National Trial Site
The trial site is exit 29 off I-70 (you will see a sign for the Outlets); off ramp, turn left onto Rt 65 (Sharpsburg Pike) and go approximately 7 miles to the Washington County Ag Center on left. When you enter the site, bear left and go all the way back on that road – site is in the back. The Clarion Hotel is one exit south, exit #32B – it is about 3 miles off the interstate on the left, about 12 miles from the trial site.
We have blocked rooms at several nearby hotels. This year's Headquarters Hotel is The Clarion Hotel. PLEASE NOTE: The Headquarters Hotel was sold out last year - make your reservation as soon as possible! Please be respectful of our hotels - pick up after your dog, don't leave them unattended in your rooms (even crated) and be a good representative of the JRTCA.