Benefits of JRTCA Membership
The most important reason to join the JRTCA is to support the preservation and protection of the Jack Russell Terrier. However, as a member there are many benefits!
TRUE GRIT… the JRTCA magazine for all members
- Published quarterly.
- Special interest Jack Russell stories and photos from members
- Important veterinarian articles
- Photos of trial and bronze medallion winners
- Listing of terriers earning JRTCA certificates
- Classified section available for advertising
- Entertaining and educational reading for all Jack Russell enthusiasts!
- Read sample articles from True Grit
JRTCA Terrier Trials
- Terrier trials are likely the most fun any Jack Russell Terrier and their owner could possibly have.
- From Racing, to Go-to-Ground, to Agility, to Super Earth, to the Conformation ring… you just can't imagine the fun for all unless you've been to one!
- Meet and make friends with other terrier owners from your area and around the country.
- Members handle and participate with their terriers in every event… there are no professional handlers!
- JRTCA terrier trials are for the members and their families to enjoy, whether it is your first trial ever or your 100th !
JRTCA National Trial
- Every year in October approximately 1,000 terriers and their owners join together for the JRTCA's National Trial.
- This is likely the largest single-breed trial in the world, and for sure the largest Jack Russell Terrier event in the world.
- From the many events and activities to shopping and terrier folks' parties, it's a great event.
- It is open to all JRTCA members and their registered or recorded terriers; there are no other qualifications required to exhibit… everyone just comes and has fun!
JRTCA Certificate Programs
- Your terrier can earn performance certificates in natural hunting, go-to-ground, agility, and obedience… and Jack Russells can do it all!
- Registering or recording your terrier is very important.
- Your terrier becomes a part of the original breed club history/records.
JRTCA Breeders Directory and Stud Books
- JRTCA members are offered listings in the JRTCA annual Directory of Breeders and periodic Stud Books.
- These directories are distributed widely in hard copy and through the internet.
- They are great sources of advertising, as well as a history of the terrier in the USA.
Support & Assistance When You Need It!
- The JRTCA office is open Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM, to assist you as needed.
- Unlimited free brochures are mailed to you on request for distributing to puppy buyers, or others potentially interested in the JRT.
- Computerized pedigree service is available.
- Gift store offers many Jack Russell related items.
- Puppy packets to include a discount on membership are offered free of charge.
- A network of JRTCA representatives throughout the country will offer assistance as needed.
- Judging programs are available to those interested in judging.